Thursday, January 29, 2009

RTP Railfan Mapping

Hi everybody,

Well, I haven't done much with the www.rtprailfan.com website much lately because I've spend 3 months on my new site http://www.whatstodotoday.com. This is a dynamic google maps site that required me learning the basics of javascript, php, mysql and refreshing my html and css. That was a lot to learn. I'm definitley not an expert but I have a better understanding of how they work. Anyways, one of the things I added to www.whatstodotoday.com is a "railfan" type. I don't want to go into the specifics of the site, check out http://www.whatstodotoday.com/about_whatstodo.html to see a quick overview. However, the point is railfans currently in the Raleigh or Charlotte area can post google map locations with comments to the site. I think it would cool to add the radio frequencies of trains applicable to this area as well. I think I might add a function like this to www.rtprailfan.com, but this might be a while, as I'm still developing the whatstodotoday site. Anyways, check it out and let me know what you think.

No comments: